BusinessCar has analysed websites from the top 20 best selling car manufacturers in the UK claiming the “internet has become an essential tool for time-pressed business people” . Good to see public relations evident in sites (such as 1st place VW and 2nd place BMW) that include corporate news on their business site.
Surprisingly BusinessCar hasn’t recognised the lack of blogs and other social networking on these sites. There is a missed opportunity here to engage the business car audience in conversation and capitalise on the power of brand advocates.
The analysis is based on 10 criteria (each marked out of five):
- Google ranking – where a site is placed when entering a manufacturer’s name plus ‘fleet sales’ (all searches were carried out within the same time period);
- Ease of use;
- Design or dazzle factor;
- How accessible is business area – the number of clicks it takes to find the corporate part of the site;
- How good is the downloadable brochure;
- Tax calculator cleverness;
- Speed of response to emails;
- How accessible is a phone number;
- How good is the dealer search;
- Other useful tools that will keep you coming back to the site.