Although the New Year is an arbitrary point at which to think about making changes – it remains the traditional time of resolutions. I believe that if you make a statement about your aims and goals, this helps make them come true.
Also, I believe in “greenbanana” thinking (kaizen) and am in my 4th year of the CIPR Developing Excellence continuous professional development programme (receiving my accredited practitioner status in January).
So here are my 5 goals for 2007:
- To complete and publish my “PR Career Handbook” concept
- To spend more time with the people and pets that I love rather than working
- To increase the “return on investment” of the time I spend working – whether that is in monetary or personal satisfaction measures
- To get things done around the house: new kitchen, garden, etc
- To do some different things – we all need new challenges